Our approach enables us to deliver strategically-focused, results-orientated advice at every step of a transaction. We have a track record of being a key member of the client’s core adviser team, including helping to deliver execution certainty through actively managing regulatory and other risks and the transaction process more generally.
Working closely with our broad international and domestic client base means we have unparalleled insight into developments and trends, as well as significant expertise and experience advising across a wide range of M&A transactions in technology, telecommunications, energy and resources, infrastructure and utilities, transportation, retail, agriculture and building and materials. We know what to expect and can anticipate issues early, allowing our clients to navigate them successfully.
Our M&A transaction services include advising on:
- creative deal structures and strategies
- complex share or asset acquisitions and divestitures, including for private equity and infrastructure funds and cross-border transactions
- complex domestic and cross-border joint venture arrangements
- takeover offers and defences
- schemes of arrangement
- Overseas Investment Act consents and competition/anti-trust regulatory matters relevant to M&A transactions
Our work on M&A transactions is consistently recognised in industry awards, including the M&A Deal of the Year at the 2021 New Zealand Law Awards, the New Zealand Deal Firm of the Year at the 2021 Australasian Law Awards and the M&A Deal of the Year at the 2021 IFLR Asia-Pacific Awards.