Bell Gully's experienced team can help you understand and comply with New Zealand's anti-money laundering legislation and work with regulators when issues arise.
We have in-depth knowledge of the AML/CFT legislation, understand regulatory guidance and maintain active relationships with AML/CFT supervisors so that we can support you with practical advice and assistance. We are able to assist you at all stages of your AML compliance journey – from determining whether your business must comply with the AML regime to helping remediate any AML breaches or deficiencies.
Our clients include both domestic and overseas financial institutions.
Our specialist team of finance, regulatory and dispute resolution lawyers can assist with:
- Drafting and implementing effective AML compliance programs, including working with you to review and revise risk assessments and policies.
- Advice on suspicious activity reporting and assistance with the preparation and filing of such reports.
- Training of staff, including simulations or mock onsite inspections to test the effectiveness of AML procedures.
- Responding to audits and regulatory enquiries, including liaising with your AML supervisor.
- Remediation of policies and procedures where AML deficiencies are identified.