We consciously assist a range of charities working with diverse communities with wide-ranging challenges. The common aim of these entities is to make a positive impact towards improving lives and circumstances.
We are inspired by these organisations and the outstanding work that they do, and offer our help in a number of ways - from pro bono legal advice to hands on practical assistance, to building awareness, and fundraising.
Our people are at the heart of our Pro Bono and Community Programme efforts, and so in 2021 the firm supported some key causes where our people put their time and money, by matching staff and partner donations.
This issue of A Helping Hand offers a snapshot of the work of some of our pro bono clients in 2021, including:
- Organisations that are making a more even playing field for marginalised communities:
- Rainbow Tick, promoting diversity, inclusion and safe workplaces for all, and
- Downlights, creating meaningful job opportunities for young adults with Down Syndrome and intellectual or learning disabilities.
- Conservation efforts for our beloved native trees by Project Crimson.
- Empowering communities to build their own sustainable future by supporting World Vision aid projects in the Pacific and Melanesia.
- Making wishes come true for critically ill children with Make-A-Wish.
If you have any feedback or queries please contact our Pro Bono and Community Programme Manager Rachel Gowing.