For the 17th straight year, Bell Gully has been recognised as ‘elite’ in the Global Competition Review’s GCR 100, with the firm’s competition team having more lawyers recognised in Who’s Who Legal than others in the New Zealand market. These results are off the back of the team advising on a number of significant deals in the market including:
- Ampol in regard to its proposed acquisition of Z Energy,
- Mylan on its successful merger with Upjohn to form Viatris,
- Elanco on its acquisition of Bayer’s animal health business
- Konecranes on the New Zealand competition issues related to its global merger with Cargotec
The firm was recognised for having leading lawyers ranked 41 times (10 in Band 1) and with 9 band 1 rankings in areas of expertise in the recently released Chamber Asia Pacific 2022. This is following Bell Gully being recognised for excellence across 11 categories at the New Zealand Law Awards 2021.
Bell Gully has also recently been recognised as the New Zealand Firm of the Year at the 2021 Who’s Who Legal Awards. The firm was also recognised as the national law firm in the 2021 Country and State awards.
Congratulations to New Zealand Lawyer’s Elite Women 2021 awardees:
- Rachael Brown, Partner, Bell Gully Wellington
- Laura Littlewood, Partner, Bell Gully Auckland
Following a roller coaster of a year for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in 2021, the recent MergerLinks league table results show the work the firm has delivered for clients on complex and innovative transactions, acting on the highest total value of deals in the New Zealand market over £32bn (NZD $63bn) with an average deal size of over £1.4bn (NZD $29bn).